Sunday, January 1, 2012

Thrills of building a Cozy MKIV airplane

I'll have a lot more to say about this effort as time goes on. Suffice it to say, this is a life changing endeavor! Nothing will ever be the same again. But, it is something that has been my heart's desire since I was a young child.

Over the years, I thought I had learned a lot about all kinds of things mechanical. I have constructed race cars, albeit years ago, performed many mechanical designs, (I have a master's degree in mechanical engineering) and had a lot of very practical experience throughout life. I thought that this construction process would be quick and simple. Certainly it has not been quick. As one has said recently, it is a series of simple tasks until the plane is done. Well, that might be kinda right, but I have "dipped" my toes into many things I had not expected.

That being said, aside from a few frustrations, it has been the most rewarding experience I have ever had. Now, I just need to complete the finishing touches and get flying this Spring. Oh, I know, there are bound to be some other things that I have not seen yet that I will have to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment